The litigation team at ORJ has been rated by the Legal 500 as a Tier 1 provider of litigation services. This follows a number of recent high profile instructions involving cases nationally and internationally.
ORJ successfully defended a leading firm of IT providers in a copyright dispute worth over £20 million. The unsuccessful claimant was ordered to pay £450,000 in costs and a further £200,000 in damages for breach of notice.
ORJ also successfully defended a technology business in the commercial court in an action worth £10 million.
Senior partner Patrick Tedstone said, “Clients choose ORJ because of the speed within which we are able to define the parameters of the dispute and the likely outcome. This allows our clients to make swift and successful strategic decisions. We are very proud to be the ‘go to’ law firm for the region’s leading corporations.”
At ORJ, we routinely act upon litigation and commercial dispute resolution for businesses of all sizes in relation to various disputes, including:
- Manufacturing and sale of goods cases.
- Commercial contracts disputes.
- Shareholder disputes.
- Director’s duties and partnership disputes.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Intellectual property disputes, including trademarks, patents, design and copyright cases.
- Information technology cases.
- Professional negligence including solicitors, accountants and surveyors.
- Banking disputes.
- Disputes requiring bespoke finance, insurance and funding solutions.
Our litigation team can represent businesses in actions that are to be resolved through Court proceedings, and can advise on alternative dispute resolution, including mediation services. for matters that can be settled out of Court.
For any enquiries or more information related to commercial litigation and dispute resolution matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01785 223440.