- Once we are aware of a fixed legal date for completion or notice to complete has been served, we submit the certificate of title to the lender requesting mortgage monies. Most lenders require 5 working days notice in order to draw down funds.
- If the matter is Help to Buy, we submit Form 2 to Orbit and receive a Confirmation to Developer to confirm that the help to buy monies will be released. Help to Buy can take upto 5 working days to issue the CTD.
- A completion statement and NHBC cover note are received from the Developer’s solicitor. Once the completion statement is received we request the balance completion funds from you.
- The completion set up is passed to the Accounts department so that funds can be released on the morning of completion, the funds are sent to the Developer’s solicitors.
- Once the Developer’s solicitors are in safe receipt, they contact us to confirm completion has taken place. We will then contact you to confirm that completion has taken place and that you are able to collect the keys from the site/ sales office.
- Following completion, the Stamp Duty land tax form is submitted to HMRC along with any payment due. SDLT must be submitted and paid within 28 days of completion.
- The NHBC warranty and pack is downloaded and sent to you.
- The application to register the property is also submitted to the Land Registry; and a copy is sent to Orbit if it is a Help to Buy matter which must be submitted within 5 working days of completion.
- As the transaction is a Transfer of Part (a transfer of numerous pieces of land from one title number) a new title number will be created. These types of application usually take 4-6 months to return from the Land Registry.
- Once the title has been registered, copies are sent to the client, Orbit, Lender and Developer’s solicitors in accordance with our undertaking.
- Once we have been discharged from all our undertakings we can then close the file and archive the file off site.