Once you have accepted our quote and confirmed that you would like us to act on your behalf a welcome pack is issued which contains the following:
- Client care letter
- Stamp duty questionnaire this will help us to identify whether you are liable to pay any SDLT, or pay higher rate SDLT or whether they qualify for the first time buyer relief.
- Source of funds questionnaire/ declaration this will help us to confirm where you have obtained your funds from. We carry out the necessary source of funds checks in order to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.
- At this stage we request certified copies of your ID so that we can comply with Money Laundering Regulations.
- Electronic AML ID checks will be carried out against each client once the paperwork has been returned.
- We ask you to pay an initial £160.00 on account for searches.
- In order to comply with GDPR we ask that you provide us consent to liaise with the Developer in order to discuss the progress of your plot.
- The Developer / Developer’s solicitor will normally issue us with a copy of the reservation form. Upon receipt we will check the exchange deadline, anticipated legal completion date ALCD, incentives and submit searches.
- If the matter is proceeding under the Help to Buy scheme, or Forces Help to Buy there will be additional paperwork required in order to proceed.
- If you are using a Help to Buy ISA then the Developer may agree a reduced deposit on exchange of contracts as the ISA Bonus is not available until completion. You will be required to complete a first-time buyer declaration.