Family Solicitor specialising in financial disputes on divorce, co-habitation issues and children matters
David Smith is an experienced family solicitor dealing with the full range of private family matters including divorce and separation, financial resolution on divorce, children matters relating to contact and residence, pre/post-nuptial agreements and co-habitation disputes for unmarried couples.
David joined ORJ in March 2017 having spent a number of years working as a family solicitor for Legal 500-ranked regional firms. Having previously worked in management within the engineering and information sectors, David brings with him a broad range of experience in both life and business.
As a family solicitor David offers a wealth of knowledge dealing with private financial matters on divorce and children issues and has acted for a range of clients on matters of varying complexity concerning financial disputes between spouses, cohabitees and same-sex couples. David places great emphasis on achieving the very best outcome for his clients in the most pragmatic way avoiding protracted means whenever possible.
David is an efficient problem-solver, praised by his clients for his resolute but non-confrontational approach to relationship breakdown. David is said to provide genuine warmth and understanding for his clients, guiding them through what can be a very unsettling time. Clients are said to be in safe hands.
A keen local sportsman and triathlete David always tries his best personally as well as professionally.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial matters on divorce
- Facilitating inter-party negotiations and out of court agreements
- Business valuations and complex pension issues
- Interim application and family law injunctions
- Dealing with financial remedy appeals to the High Court/ Court of Appeal
- Enforcement of pre and post-nuptial agreements
- Advising a client in contested variation proceedings of significant value involving a joint lives maintenance order
- Advising a client to final hearing involving a specialist criminal conduct element
- Advising a client on appeal in a multi-million pound case involving a post-nuptial agreement
- Advising a client with significant property and business interests with an overseas element
David is a member of Resolution, an organisation committed to the constructive resolution of family law disputes.
To contact David please email David.Smith@orj.co.uk or call 01785 27563