Civil Partnership Dissolution Solicitors
During a difficult and stressful time, our team can help you with:
- Legal considerations involved in civil partnerships
- Pre-partnership agreements, similar to a ‘prenup’
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Fair financial settlements to avoid disputes and court proceedings, which will be costly.
- Agreeing to fair childcare and financial support arrangements
Our civil partnership solicitors in Stafford, Birmingham, Telford and operating in the surrounding areas, have proven experience of dealing with civil partnership agreements and dissolution.
Many partners choose to live as cohabiting couples, not realising in the eyes of the law, that there are no differences between a civil partnership and marriage. In the event of a relationship breakdown, if the partnership has not been registered as such, individuals will not be provided with the financial and property rights that they may be expecting.
Benefits of a civil partnership
- Not everybody will want to get married and religious/cultural beliefs may also prohibit a marriage. Civil partnerships entitle you to the same property and financial rights, without requiring you to be legally married.
- If you have purchased property and high-value assets together, this provides a means of protecting you both and avoiding costly disputes.
- In the event of separation or dissolution, you will have better legal and financial protection for any children that you have together.
Civil partnership dissolution
If you are considering dissolution, the grounds are the same as if you were applying for a divorce.
The reasons for this include:
- Unreasonable behaviour
- Separation of two or more years (and you both agree to the divorce)
- Separation of five or more years
- Desertion for at least two years
You can apply for a civil partnership dissolution on the government website, however, you will need a solicitor to support you and to protect your best interests.
Citizens advice offers some great guidance for ending a civil partnership. Click here to find out more or contact us to see how we can support you.
Our family law solicitors in Stafford, Telford, Birmingham and surrounding areas are here to support you and provide legal advice. If you wish to discuss your family situation, want to create a civil partnership agreement or to pursue a civil partnership dissolution, our family solicitors can support you and offer a FREE 30-minute consultation Get in touch with us or you can call us on: 01785 223440