Here are our top reasons why you should make a will:
- Stay in control. You choose who will benefit from your estate and what they are entitled to. You also decide who will administer your affairs after your death.
- Care for your loved ones. If you do not write a Will, everything you own will be shared out in a standard way as defined by intestacy rules – so the people that matter to you might not receive what you had planned.
- Keep it simple. It is often quicker, cheaper, and far less stressful to administer an estate where there is a Will.
- Preserve assets. A Will enables you to preserve assets for beneficiaries. For example, if you have a property and/or business interests, you may want those to go to certain people while leaving further assets to others.
- Protect vulnerable family or friends. You can nominate a trusted friend or family member to manage the inheritance you leave to a disabled or vulnerable person. This can ensure the intended beneficiary does not lose his or her means-tested benefits.
- Plan a great send-off. You can record your funeral wishes in your Will to help your family and friends at the most difficult time.
- Whether you want clarity over how your estate should be distributed after your death, to save your beneficiaries from paying unnecessary levels of inheritance tax or even to leave a sum of money to your favourite charity, we can help.
We can help you plan today, for whatever lies ahead and will work with you to remove the stress – and the anxiety – ensuring you have a Will that is sound and secure for your family’s future.
Click here to view our Fee Schedule for Wills, LPAs, Probate and Ancillary documents.
Call Adam Smith at ORJ Law on 01785 275354 today, to find out how we can help.