ORJ Law is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints handling procedure.
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed.
Patrick Tedstone is our Client Complaints Director for all work types and can be contacted at ORJ Law Ltd, Queensville House, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST17 4NL, telephone 01785 223440, email: Patrick.email@example.com
He is assisted by Lorraine Smith, telephone 01785 275380, e-mail Lorraine.Smith@orj.co.uk
What will happen next?
- We will send you an email or letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of your raising your concerns.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our investigator Patrick Tedstone, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. If your file has been archived, it will be retrieved. It can take up to 10 working days for the file to be received by us from our outside storage facility. Once the file has been reviewed, our investigator will write to you with our detailed response to your complaint and explaining our reasons. If further information is required from you before we are able to properly consider your complaint, we will write to you by email or letter. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within one month of our review of the file and following the provision by you of any further information we have requested.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for a director to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a further review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH, telephone 0300 555 0333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of our final response to your complaint, within one year of the act/omission or within one year of the time that you first became aware of the problem. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
The Legal Ombudsman has updated its Scheme Rules effective from 1st April 2023. Please see their website for further details (Changes to the Legal Ombudsman’s Scheme Rules | Legal Ombudsman).
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why. Should the details of our Client Care Director change, we shall also inform you in writing.