01785 223440      team@orj.co.uk

Agricultural Tenancies and Licenses

Home / Business / Agricultural Law / Agricultural Tenancies and Licenses

An agricultural tenancy is a type of business lease when a party rents agricultural land or buildings to run a farm business.

The two most commonly used types of agricultural tenancies are full agricultural tenancies (FATs) and farm business tenancies (FBTs).

All such tenancies are subject to specific legislation depending on how and when they were created. ORJ Law have the specialist legal knowledge and expertise regarding statutory provisions to deal with this niche area of law.

Unbeknown to many, a “formal” agricultural tenancy can in theory be verbally agreed, thus allowing an occupier a tenancy with strong rights of occupation. These ‘verbal agreements’ are often overlooked by tenants and landlords. We can assist in all tenancy agreements and licenses ensuring that nothing is left to chance. We will tailor our services to meet your specific needs and requirements.

For further information, please e-mail us or call 01785 223440